Adapted from Clean and Delicious
This recipe has three lucky ingredients—can you beat that?
Makes 6 3/4 cup servings.
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/4 c. lentils (8 oz.), rinsed
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, diced
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 1 sprig of parsley
- 2 shallots, minced
- 4 Tbsp. of sherry vinegar
- 4 Tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pomegranate, seeded
- 6-8 dinosaur kale leaves, sliced into thin ribbons (as thin as possible!)
- 1 small bunch of chives or a couple of scallions, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
Lightly coat the bottom of a medium saucepan with olive oil and heat over medium high flame. Add onion and garlic, and sauté about three minutes or until fragrant and translucent. Add lentils, herbs, and a pinch of salt, then cover with water. Simmer about 25 minutes or until lentils are done. Discard the herbs stems and drain any excess water.
In a separate bowl combine shallots, vinegar, and oil, and season with salt and pepper. Whisk all ingredients together and then pour the dressing over the warm lentils. Stir in kale ribbons and pomegranate seeds. Serve at room temperature and garnish with chives.