- 1 pkg (10 oz) Queso Oaxaca, pulled apart, shredded
- Tortillas (flour or corn, Mexicans prefer corn)
- 2 tomatoes
- Jalapenos (more or fewer for desired heat)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 medium onion, diced
- Combine salsa ingredients in blender or food processor. Pulse a few times until salsa reaches desired texture.
- Heat comal (Mexican cast-iron griddle. A standard or cast-iron skillet can substitute) until very hot
- Lay out tortilla, layer shredded cheese, top with second tortilla
- Heat until cheese begins to melt
- Flip to crisp other side
- Remove once cheese starts to run
- Slice into wedges
- Top with salsa… buen provecho!
(For variety any number of ingredients can be added to the cheese layer, including grilled meats, cooked veggies, etc.)